Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Wild night, for them, not us

Gonna make this quick as I have to go get rdy for the day. But we wanted to go to a beer garden that our trainer told us about so we tried finding it and couldn't in the area he pointed to. We saw some cops standing around looking at us and asked them where it was, and they showed us it was across the street behind us.

We head to said building and try to figure out where we go. The hall had 6 elevators and they opened up at dif times to crowds of drunk, loud Japanese men and women. We were in the right place. We go upstairs and when the door opens up, the place looks like it is a mad house with tons of drunk people yelling, singing and laughing. Unfortunately it was Nisen Happyaku en (2800 yen, just under 28 bucks) for 50 minutes, as they were closing soon. We decided that wouldn't be good and found somewhere else to go eat.

We looked around the station going up and down 4 flights of TOO MANY stairs, and decided to try to find a CoCo Ichi Ban which was near our hotel. We couldn't find it immediately so I asked a bunch of drunk Japanese men we saw and they WALKED US 4 BLOCKS TO GET THERE!!! How is THAT for hospitality! I spoke to them in Japanese and they got comfy speaking to me in English. One guy went to San Diego and was telling me he liked California a lot and wants to go back, that convo was in English. Another guy told me he was from Tokyo and only visiting Nagoya for a bit. We talked about areas in Tokyo that we like and that I have been to, that convo was in Japanese. We made it to the restaraunt and ate, afterwards I went home to answer emails and sleep, like I will be doing every night.

There is the quick version of my first night after training. Training details to come later.

0 comments: