Sunday, July 16, 2006

A summary of my week in training

So this week kicked my BUTT. After my day or two of free time, Monday began training.

Monday was a lot lot lot of note taking.

I said a lot right?

Ok now times by 6 days, 4 mock lessons, 2 with REAL students and you know my training week.

My first mock lesson SUCKED because hardly prepared! I had to go to work 3 hours later than the previous days so I screwed around talking to friends online all morning. Stopped that a bit late and started prepping my lesson after, which was overwhelming. I realized there that I had underestimated my task. When it came time for my lesson, I was overly nervous, which was soooo not me, because I was unprepared for it. So afterwards my feedback was constructive and necesary. I felt like crap before, during, and after that because I did something uncharacteristic for me and didn't prepare. The last time I swore.

Next lesson was with real students. It went pretty decent with some help in the background from my trainer. The students had fun, they felt like they learned something and I got my confidence back. I now know structure and timing , just need to hammer out bugs.

The next lessons were done with fellow trainees and trainers, and those just kept getting better and better! I definitely am getting the hang of it!

My final lesson with FOUR students went awesome!!! Yeah I had some things here and there to fix, but the students felt comfortable, they had fun, and they learned how to use some important conversational points, thanks to Tommy sensei. Hey I can get used to that...

Anyways, on to the pics. Enjoy and if you have questions email me and ask!

This is our group going out to eat dinner around the corner to celebrate the end of training.
http://flickr.com/photos/60805142@N00/sets/72157594200371181/


This was my friend Neil and I eating with some random dude from Okinawa. We had an awesome broken English/Japanese conversation, but it was def all love going on!
http://flickr.com/photos/60805142@N00/sets/72157594200376512/

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://flickr.com/photos/60805142@N00/190408944/in/set-72157594200376512/

They look so happy to see you.