Thursday, March 26, 2009

Vertebrae inflammation!

So after a welcome/farewell party for our new/old Japanese staff, I was riding my bike home and some idiot ran around the corner in front of my bike. The bike's brakes couldnt stop me in time from hitting him so I put my feet down to not hit him. Regardless, he took a step to my right and kept running, didn't even acknowledge what he just made me do...

So I continue up the street for less than a minute to my apartment, and step off my bike. That's when it hit. I had the WORST pain I have ever felt EVER, in my lower back. It made me want to fall to my knees, but I just sat there and tried to stand up. I slowly made my way to my apartment (usually 20 seconds to the 4th floor, it took me about 5 minutes) and into my room where I could barely turn over on my bed. ]]

The next day (yesterday) my head teacher took me to the hospital for X-Rays and they said I had SLIGHT inflammation on the vertebrae right above my tail bone. Slight?! I would hate to have regular! They wanted to give me a shot there to ease it, but I do VERY bad with shots when they aren't expected. Give me an hour heads up at least. For some reason I get nauseous after a sudden injection or shot. I am not scared of shots, because I had to learn of this condition some how, I just don't like feeling nauseous, especially when I have to teach!

So, they gave me a back brace, some shipu (don't know what to call it in English, but think a REALLY big Salonpas, which they DO sell in the U.S.), and some pain meds. I am doing all the measures to get better because I have some plans this weekend (HANAMI!!!) and I want to be prepared!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch! Hurry up and get better!

Anonymous said...

that sucks man. Also, this is another one who still reads your blog :)

sleep sex disorder said...

some time ago I learned that a cousin of mine suffered from this problem, the truth did not know was referring to, since I had never seen a case like this, but I think it's interesting to learn about these things