Monday, July 09, 2007

My birthday in Tokyo!!! part 3

Part 3 concludes the great weekend I had in Tokyo last week for my bday and it will be a quick highlight of a day at Disney Sea with Sayaka.

-Seeing her soooo happy to be there made me happy. She was like a kid smiling ALL day long. Nothing could take the happiness away from her on this day.

-We saw soooo many kids, and we both LOVE kids, so it was a very good day to enjoy all of the kids smiling and having a great time like us. We also made it interesting by saying "Chance!" to each other when we saw a baby or child wasn't being too well guarded by their parent, followed by a katakana Englished "Geto!" if we realized we could have gotten away with the chance at the baby. Weird, I know...

-Flavored popcorn. Anyone who has been to Disney Sea recently knows about this. We did black pepper, caramel, and strawberry, ranked in order of preference. We also bought a souvenir cup for it!

-Sayaka's reaction to Journey to the Center of the Earth after we went on it. She was totally loving the slow pace, then it got scary looking, then it went fast! I felt kind of bad for not setting it up properly because I don't think she expected all of that...

-Sayaka's reaction to Tower of Terror. This was just great. She said she didn't want to go on it, but because she loves me and wanted me to go on it, she went. After the intro, she got a bit scared and contemplated backing out, but like a trooper, stuck it out until the end! It took a while to get her out of her seat, and the look of her when we saw the picture was great. I was super proud of her for forgetting her fear and going on this and KIND of enjoying it, haha!

-Her and I rode the gondolas for our first time and it was fun! Both of the men on the boat were funny to watch or listen to, and we had great timing for the volcano to do it's thing and kind of delay the boat ride, because we couldn't hear anything else!

-This "parade" they had on the water at the front of the park was AMAZING. It is like a boat floating on the water, with beautiful lights and water spouts! Then a mechanical dragonish thing comes out and shoots fire in a beautiful way. Then they "fight" for lack of a better term, and it all ends in a great finale! Sayaka and I were floored by this show and all of the effects it had to offer!

-The ride home was scary! Luckily Sayaka was able to sleep through most of it, but I got ZERO sleep! The driver drove sooo fast and what felt, recklessly, and it was RAINING! I couldn't sleep much anyway, but I really couldn't sleep in this weather!

Overall this was a great weekend and I started my new year of life off in many great ways! I could spend my first birthday in Japan with an amazing woman! I ate 4 salads in the 3 day span. 4 more salads than I have eaten in my life. True story...

Too much fun, and I await Sayaka's bday and both of ours for next year. Thanks to Sayaka for making it a great weekend and planning things ahead of time, making our trip easy and convenient!

Until next time!

0 comments: