Monday, July 09, 2007

My birthday in Tokyo!!! part 2

So the trip to Krispy Kreme...

We find the way to Krispy Kreme but since it is too early, the easy way through the department stores are all closed off now, so we have to go a bit out of the way to reach our destination,but who cares, we are eating Krispy Kreme!!! Or are we...?

We get to Krispy Kreme and Sayaka can see a few people already in line, and I tell her, this will be normal, maybe we will wait 30 minutes or so to get to the front. MAYBE... So yeah, I will kill any suspense I could build and say, the wait was an HOUR AND A HALF and we decided to KILL that thought! We got some pictures of the wait time sign, and some sad faces from Sayaka.

When this was a bust, we took the train to Shimbashi, then the tram monorail thingy to Odaiba. On Odaiba, we went to my favorite burger place Kua'Aina, where Sayaka ate a burger bigger than her face, but mine was a bit larger. We sat and enjoyed the view and the food, and shared several laughs while we ate. Afterwards we checked out a few shops and I had to get a Cinnabon after that. I have been to Tokyo and Odaiba 4 times now, and I NEVER get Cinnabon, but this time I did, and it was great! The only thing is, it tasted like the frosting was kept inside of a plastic tube instead of being made fresh like in America. Oh well though!

Afterwards we went to the Fuji TV building, after postponing our check-in time for our hotel in Otsuka (my fav hotel to stay at in Tokyo, because it is big and cheap), and had a great quick tour of the place. We took some silly pictures (as always) and saw a show being filmed live, which was pretty exciting!

After the quick trip we made an even quicker trip to Venus Fort, but were distracted in front of it, when we saw little kids jumping on this bungee/trampoline combo, it was too cute to pass up! The kids kept getting smaller and smaller, and braver than the kid before them! We seriously watched them for a good 25 - 30 minutes before we finally entered Venus Fort.

When we got inside we did a quick tour of the place, and looked at some place to have a pretty cool small, intimate wedding, for friends and family. Ceremony and party included, and it was pretty affordable! Hmmmm...

We finished Venus Fort, and headed to Otsuka to check in, shower, and rest before our birthday dinner plans at TGIFridays. We kind of overslept and had to rush to Shibuya to find TGIFridays and I was relying on my SINGLE trip to there long ago to find the place, but I lead us right to there like I have been there a hundred times. Thank my photographic memory! We got there and ordered our drinks and food super quick and took pictures with some candles that said "26" that Sayaka bought (though I held them wrong once, and it said 62...). When the drinks and food came, her and I began enjoying a ton of amazing food! We had chicken quesadillas, which Sayaka fell in love with, blackened chicken cesar salad, which was AMAZING, and fried mozzarella! We ordered our second drinks and were definitely barely drunk, and we also got a order of chicken alfredo, that we HARDLY ate because we were STUFFED. By the time we finished our second drinks, we were past drunk and just taking a lot of interesting pictures and videos of us at our table... So of course I ordered a pina colada for us to share. After embarrassing ourselves to the people who sang happy birthday to me, we had to go to Shinjuku to try to find the bus that dropped us off in Tokyo, because I left a bag with presents ands cards from my office and a couple of students!

The guy on the bus luckily called us and said we left something, but that he also couldn't explain to us where he would be. Sayaka said we should walk up the road he dropped us off, but it went off in 2 directions, so I was wondering where we would go. She guessed right, and what would you know, we found him in the bus, and he gave us my stuff! It was funny though, he would not accept our money as a token of thanks, and just told us to use his bus again the next time we go to Tokyo. I think we just might!

We returned to the hotel after an amazingly fun, drunk, lucky night and slept it off until the next morning to check-out, and go to Disney Sea!

0 comments: