Thursday, September 28, 2006

Went to another car event last weekend...

This one was a car show, kinda like Japan's Hot Import Nights. But during the day. With domestics. Plus the weather was pretty decent, so I can't call it hot...

Anyways I had a BLAST at the 2 shows in one (X5 and Dream Car Show). Saw lots of cars owned by people with the same city code as me, that I have never seen before. It was so interesting to see the things people do to their cars over here.

Being a Californian, and black, it was even MORE interesting to see the amount of imitation on the aforementioned status points by the Japanese attending the show. I saw MORE California and Los Angeles related clothing and accesories than I did in LA! Some great things of mention in case you don't LOOK at the pics...

1. 1 SUV hood being held up by 2, yes count them, TWO 40 ozs of Olde Englishe malt liquor.

2. Another car has some random bottles of Malibu rum. Why? Nooooo clue...

Anyways here is the album and a few pics that I found especially interesting at this very moment.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Regarding your earlier comment about getting an HD TV. You mentioned you get a lot of English shows. Which channels do you get? And is through satellite or cable service? Thanks and happy viewing.

Man I remember Nagoya. If you feel the urge to check out some English books, there's a library for expats at the Nagoya International Centre.

Anonymous said...

Man, I want an Elise sooooooo bad. And an old school Corolla. Living in NYC has killed my car days though. I only see luxury cars and the random german automobile.

T-Atoms said...

To the anonymous one...

I just get random segments of shows in English. Like 30 mins of CNN, got 4 episodes of I Love Lucy. A lot of MLB, some NFL (like MNF), and some other random shows. It is free through the HD signal.

Yeah I have been put up on the International Center for some books, thanks for the 411.

To Jules...

I would die for an Elise here in Japan! The car is perfect for it. I saw a ton in Irvine where I lived, but a bunch of spoiled rich Asian and White kids driving them. They aren't even THAT expensive though. But this was a car show... I DO see luxury cars weekly in everyday life here in Nagoya. I think people have some serious dough...