Saturday, November 03, 2007

California Day Four!!!

This day was super eventful!

Not because a LOT happened, but a few things happened in a short period of time!

Sayaka and I started the day out going shopping, to Olive Garden, then more shopping!

When we made it home, I had to get directions to the wedding practice and tux rental shop!

I raced (thanks Mustang!) to the tux rental place and made it there super quick. Unfortunately I was a bit surprised to find I had to pay for the tux (not that I am cheap or anything, just, historically the wedding party has covered tux rentals for everyone, coming from Japan I had a set budget on how much I had on me, and that had already taken a few unexpected bumps since arriving), but put it on my debit card and raced to the wedding practice place.

Sayaka and I got there and saw NO FAMILIAR cars or faces! So we hopped back in the car and headed back up the hill! Luckily I happened to catch a glance of the bride's bro and followed him around until he noticed me. We pulled aside and talked and I found out, EVERYONE was late and we were in the right place! All of that rushing for what??!!??!!

Everyone showed up and practice wasn't as smooth as the bride had planned. It was obvious in her actions...We got through it and everyone was ready to eat! We caravaned to one of the largest houses I had ever been to, and had a nice post practice dinner! Mexican food! The house had a fireplace in the backyard and we did s'mores!

After the bride and groom thanked us, we headed to the hotel to get Sayaka checked in. I was to stay with the groom on the night before his wedding, so she got her own room to herself. When I arrived to Mark's room, Josh was sleeping, and Mark was laying down watching TV. I got them awake though. We tried on our tuxedos to make sure all was well (after lying and saying we did before this last moment) and took a lot of stupid pictures! We couldn't sleep so we went downstairs and talked with the bride's sister and 2 of her friends until about 1:30AM. When we arrived to the room we all slept pretty quick.

Me being a bit jet lagged still, woke up first. This is the day of the wedding!

0 comments: