Monday, August 04, 2008

Saw Dex Pistols play at JBs. Got their contact info!

If you don't know who Dex Pistols are (and you should), they are highly popular Japanese DJs/Producers/Designers based in Japan, who opened up for Daft Punk last winter in Tokyo. Since then, they have made great connections with Ed Banger, and open for all of their artists who come to Japan. These guys are solidified. Jealous of their pics with Daft Punk in the suits too.

Regardless, they came to Nagoya last night and put on an amazing show, and afterwards, DJ Daruma, gave me his phone number (I didn't ask for it, I was drunk and trying to call a friend I lost, and he was shocked at my Japanese, and remembers me dancing and knowing every song he played that night) and said if I ever start DJing in Tokyo to call him, or if I ever get some good music produced. Awesome.

So I get home just now, to see the other half of Dex Pistols, messages me on MySpace, because he recognized my face, and told me to keep in touch and when I go to DJ, we could DJ together sometime!

This is all blowing my mind at the moment, because I seriously have like a month of DJ experience under my belt, but the kind of house I spin and love, is right up their alley, and compared to other DJs in Japan, I prefer music that most club goers wait for big name djs to come and spin.

I am seriously going to just work my butt off to get to the level to take them up on their offer. It would be a waste for me not to!

Pics from the night!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yo, do you post on Superfuture?

Anonymous said...

Dex Pistols are amazing!!! I lived in Tokyo for 2007 and saw these guys whenever they played. They rock hard!!!