Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Slowly getting my laptop to life...

So I can NOT recover the data on my old hard drive. So I lost a lot of pictures, my Outlook data files (which means I lost ALL of my clients, all of my schedules, birthdays, etc.) and who knows what else I had on there that I just wasn't keeping track of (stuff on desktop, important financial info and such).

I am slowly trying to get this back to a state where I can make music, receive and send email outside of a web browser. and go back to making websites...

Slowly but surely.

This officially marks the second time in my life that my hard drive died while I was really enjoying making music. This time though, I had it all backed up!

So FUCK you fate!

Sorry, I am so pissed when I think about everything I lost...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, there are people who say that this is the perfect opportunity to start over again, to change your life, to break free of things that were holding you back before.

Fuck them!

I went on vacation back home after spending 5 years in Europe. My mom's little rat dog knocked my external hard drive off the kitchen table and destroyed all those memories. I'm still devastated. So I feel your pain.

There are people in Japan that can help you recover your files, but they're MEGA expensive.

http://www.ontrack-japan.com/

T-Atoms said...

Hey thanks a lot for that site! I am going to save it, and contact them ASAP so I can get my data back!

I understand you FULLY! I sometimes think I don't need it, but no way, I REALLY could use it!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your hard-drive, but aren't there any memory recovery services in Nagoya.

I've heard of stories of professionals recovering melted drives and etc.