Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Back from Tiesto, and TIRED!

I don't want to go to work today...

So what an amazing experience. Everything that led up to it, and followed it, all add to the experience!

Started off with a bad, busy day at work! Taught 8 classes, with an hour lunch in between, which I spent rushing home to get my bus ticket I left at home (made more difficult due to train delay!). Anyways, work ended and I rushed to the nearest station with a shinkansen (bullet train) to get to Tokyo.

Now there are 3 types of shinkansen in Japan, and I found the time for the fastest at 8:30PM. My watch was set fast and it was about to be 8:30 and I heard the sound for the doors about to close, so I jumped in thinking I was safe. The train started, and I noticed the Japanese saying I was on the slowest of the 3 trains! The fastest takes 1.5 hours to Tokyo from where I live, the next just under 2 hours, mine 3 hours 15 minutes, which put me in Tokyo 30 minutes after the concert started!

Before I got to Tokyo, there was a stop at Yokohama station and it was POURING with rain! I was definitely not prepared for rain. So I text my friends who said they would still wait for me, and none of them had brellas, kinda screwed now. We took the train to Shin Kiba, where the club is, that Tiesto would perform at, and when we got there there were at least 40 people waiting in the station for taxis, or thinking of walking to the club. We ran to the side and got a taxi ride for pretty cheap, but were shocked at what we saw when we got to the club!

After we got dropped off we see a LOOOOOOOOOONG line to get in! By now it is 30 minutes after the concert started. So we get in line, in the pouring rain, no umbrellas, for 2 hours! We started getting sick of being rained on, so my friends asked me to start asking girls with umbrellas to cut in line so we can share umbrellas. We finally found 2 girls with 4 guy friends, all with umbrellas and let them exchange freedom from the rain, for a place in line next to us. The next hour became a hilarious exchange of bad Japanese and English, and chanting "Tiesto" and such other things.

We were told that we would be checked for cameras, so I decided to throw my camera into my bag, and throw that into a locker. When we finally got in, I was amazed at the size of the club. It says it can house 6,000 people, I think it can do 8,000 easily...We all had to get drinks, so we hit up the bar, complete with pole dancers at every corner doing their thing, and enter the main dance hall area, which was massive. We found a good spot kind of in the middle and just began having fun. After a while we had a crew of new friends who were all dancing like crazy. After about 30 minutes Tiesto came on and everyone lost it.

Now I watched his Elements of Life DVD and didn't like it at all. I haven't listened to trance in sooo long, as I am a pure house head now, but being there at his show, I began to love trance again! He played a few old songs, songs from Elements and a lot of songs my friends said must have been new, but sounded AMAZING!

This went on until 3:30 when we had to rush to literally get the last free bus tickets to Shibuya so we could get home! We grabbed the tix for 4AM went back to drink then caught the bus home...

SUCH an amazing night!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not really into Tiesto, but some of his old stuff is nice.

Sounds like you had a ton of fun.