Saturday, February 02, 2008

So I ate motsu last week...

...and just found out what it was yesterday...

So yeah my student invited me to go to a nabe party with her and some other students because some couldn't make it to Krystin's bday party. Well Krystin felt sick and I wanted to go so I went. I love nabe!

I get there and see what looks to be yakiniku style grill tables and some noodles with meat in them. 2 of my female students had ordered my drink and put some of the food on a place while I hung up my jacket. I took a bite and it was great, but I noticed I didn't have any meat, so I took a bite of that by itself. MAZUI! GROSS! Seriously, it tasted to the effect of when/if your gums ever bleed and you can taste the blood. Yeah multiply that taste by 3 and you have a rough estimate at it's grossness!

Well yesterday I told the student who invited me I didn't like it, and she said she didn't either and apologized to me for not knowing it wasn't the kind of nabe both of us expected! She didn't have to apologize, we both went in not knowing what it was...
Well she tells me what motsu was, and I swear I wish I didn't know...

What motsu is the small intestine and bowels of a cow. Well when it is gyu motsu. Yeah. If I had known then what I know now...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

uhh, that's nasty, so the motsu, was actually the bloody nasty stuff you tasted.