Monday, January 21, 2008

A not so busy weekend!

Finally! A weekend where we don't have so many plans!

Sat on our butts, ate junk food, watched MANY episodes of LOST, and did chores!

We have finished season 1 of Lost, and watched 2 episodes of Season 2. Currently trying to get Sayaka caught up for the Season 4 premier in just under 2 weeks! She has predicted a few things happenings, dropped tears on several flashbacks and plot happenings, and been shocked and surprised at others! I think I have created another fan!

Was watching the Patriots/Chargers game on TV, while watching the Packers/Giants game on the net. I was sooo disappointed that the Packers lost, that I had to just close the website and step away for a bit. I HATE not being able to watch live games, but I guess this loss was extra hard since they have been doing good all season, after such a bad season last year. Oh well, at least I can look forward to next year as they work out their last few kinks!

We went to Shiogamaguchi to Hiromi san's place (Sayaka's friend's cafe where she does tarot readings and assembles power stone bracelets). We met with Nao-chan for some Turkish food (kebab sandwiches finished with White Chocolate Turkish ice cream!) then headed to the cafe for some tea, and free snacks! Today was a kind of event which is too difficult to explain, but we did get free tea and snacks. After we left, we headed home to watch more Lost!

I was able to watch Cloverfield and can not WAIT to watch this on Blu-ray (I hope...) in the future! A great movie, great quick storyline and enough character building to get you interested and care in case something bad were to happen to the characters! No spoilers from me, just go see it, and don't get sick!

It was supposed to snow this weekend and I was deeply disappointed not to have any! It has been so cold, but no rain, and then when it finally rained, it didn't snow! Come on!

We bought some junk food from Yu-store today and ate some of the pizza bread we bought. It was good, but not great like the Stauffer's I used to eat back home!

Played a bit of brain training on DS, and beat Sayaka twice in the number memory game! We moved to Wii, where we had a close game of air hockey and ping pong, but I ended up on top (both games down to their last point)! In pool she put up more of a challenge and I won 2 games, and she won 1.

As of now we are taking a break, while she looks for a new job (she left her ultra difficult sales job last week), and I type this post up.

Gyah I just realized it is 12:13AM! I seriously thought it was around 8PMish! We are both wide awake and just hanging around!!! Well, here is to a good work week before we have a "secret" birthday party for Krystin (my coworker) this Sunday! (the secret is, the other staff at work don't know about it. Krystin and I are forced to plan separate parties like this so we can enjoy the company of our students.)

Oh yeah, and big news! I signed my contract for another year at my current job! So I am officially an English teacher until 7/09. Not making anywhere near the money I want, problems with my head teacher, and in a tiny apartment, but I still signed as it will set me up for a brighter future.

1. If I teach for 3 years, I will have the experience needed/required by European companies to teach English there. Europe pays better, and have better living conditions than Japan. A potential future!

2. More time to work on my Japanese to get a better job next year. I wasn't too motivated to study last year, and I have to start this year! I really could land a better job if I get better Japanese. My goal is at least JLPT 3 by end of this year!

3. More time to build my resume. As I said in my last post, I have worked on my Megapixelet's Go site, and will work on at least 2 more sites in the next 2 months! I need this to show clients in Tokyo next year (Yeah, Tokyo is my goal next year. More money, more exciting!)

Wish me luck while I continue being more productive this year!

0 comments: