Sunday, March 04, 2007

Tonight coulda been bad/expensive...

So I went to the city tonight after work with intentions to grab dinner, since I got off early from work. The place I wanted to eat at was close, so I took a subway to the next happening spot and stopped to watch a street performer.

As I approached to watch him, I noticed my ipod screen went white and my music stopped. I tried everything, but nothing doing. So I remembered I was about 2 blocks from an Apple store in Sakae, so I headed there thinking I can ask for help...

When I get there, they are closing and I am met with many stares from the staff, who are thinking "Oh no let us go hoooome!", but in a polite Japanese inner voice way. I head up to their genius bar and ask the guy if he speaks English and he does, so he hears my sad story. He says he wants to check it and asks when I bought it, since it MAY be under warranty. Well of course it was, as I haven't even had it for a year, but to my surprise, he replaced it RIGHT THERE on the spot! Formatted for Windows, exchanged my protection film and Bathing Ape sticker on the back, and sent me on my way out, a VERY happy customer.

I swear, this luck thing will eventually run out...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now thats wassup, keep the nice ass blog, its hard to come across a Brother in Japan.

six blocks east of mars said...

Part of it might be luck, but there are some genuinely nice people in Japan. I think you'll be "lucky" for as long as you're in Japan.

Anonymous said...

That was awfully nice of him. Keep up the great work

www.meetfolks.com

Zen said...

Youkata !