Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Xmas in Japan!!!

So yesterday marked my first xmas party in Japan and damn was it fun!

Started off with some dinner and drinking at the same yakitori place I ate at a while back (remember when I drank 10 glasses and came home to pray to the porcelain god?), but this time, I drank till I got a buzz. I got to be Santa-san and host a bingo game to make sure my students won some cool presents. (I think my students won all but one of the prizes). The game was super heated and I got to learn about the Japanese REACH system with BINGO (you yell reach when you are ONE spot from winning and then they stand up, which made the competition awesome!).

Before that we played a game of charades that I had planned and it went over rather well. The only thing I would have changed would have been to keep the other 2 teachers from being in the game, and especially on the same team! But it was just a time killer.

After the festivities, most of us went out for some karaoke (first time in Japan) and fun was had by all. A student and I did some Slipnot, Oasis, and then I did some Justin Timberlake, Spice Girls and some other songs I cant remember. Overall it was a good night!

You can check out a few pics below or the whole album HERE!







0 comments: